Wednesday 5 July 2017

Cream Tea and Mañana Mañana

If you're a regular reader (here's hoping) you must have thought we'd dropped off the face of the earth. I put my hands up...I procrastinated...and I can't even blame the beautiful summer.  I adopted the Spanish 'mañana, mañana' and now it has caught up with me.  TOMORROW HAS ARRIVED...in the form of a guilty-quilty conscience because I know I should have done this before now.  I love blogging but am most definitely lacking in self-discipline.

We last met on 10th June (hangs head in shame). Our CEO got up early and baked scones for the lovely ladies (and probably for half the neighbourhood if I know Ros).  They were yum and I don't think I've ever seen such big strawberries. Thanks Ros xx


We were small in numbers but got lots done...including pulling together some very generous donations.


A new Tumbler Block quilt top is now complete, and currently in my spare bedroom having already been quilted on Hilary's longarm. Thanks Hils.  I'll  get a photograph when the light improves.  It's a bit dreary right now and I want you to see how bright it is.


All we had to do was add some borders..


In May we set the Antique Tile block and you lovely ladies made and sent them to us.  Blocks were sewn together...


I longarmed it...


...and it went home to a lovely lady in Portadown who deserved some TLC


This Wonky Log Cabin block quilt is from a couple of months ago and Hilary longarmed it before it made its way to Siblings Together Quilt Group.  

Each year we support a fantastic charity group called Siblings Together Quilting Group, which you can read about here. They have been running for a number of years now and their aim is to collect and distribute quilts to kids at annual events during which siblings are reunited.  In support of their work we have donated these two quilts to this worthy cause and hope they bring a smile to the kids' faces when they receive them. Why not pop over to their blog or visit them on Instagram here.


 

Siblings Quilt numéro deux




Another pieced then longarmed quilt on my spare bed



And last but not least.  There was steam coming out of the longarms this month.!!! There are some which I haven't yet shown but...hasta mañana...

Although we're not meeting as a group during the summer Ros and I will be Busy Bees, choosing patterns and blocks, sorting fabric and doing all sorts of sewing bits and pieces in preparation for September.  We couldn't possibly cope without our sewing fix.

So :-)) we hope you have a peaceful, restful, fun summer with lots of sunshine and good times.
If you do feel Bee Blessed block withdrawal we would really, really, really appreciate a block using any of the block tutorials (12 1/2") we have used this year which you will find here. Colour and background colours are in your capable hands.  We have learnt that most things work and we love the challenge.

Thank you to everyone who has supported us in any way.  Hopefully we can renew our acquaintance in September.

Happy Sewing

1 comment:

  1. What a nice post to catch us up on your news. Big thumbs up for all the gorgeous long arm quilting going on! I truly think this must have been a record year for Bee Blessed finished quilts - perhaps the scone motivation is how the CEO gets great annual results!! Love to you all.xx

    ReplyDelete